- Facilitate community involvement and education through visits to
well populated public locations and events both local and non-local.
- Distribute brochures that have nutrition based information generated
by the laboratory’s research.
- Produce entertaining short video clips to explain the scientific research being conducted in a socially relevant way in order to generate interest in the sciences amongst people in urban and underserved communities.
- Create a documentary detailing the laboratory’s initiative as well as the journey of its staff to be shown in schools and educational forums.
- Obtain a sense of the disposition of the local community regarding health and nutrition using surveys.
- Encourage visits to the laboratory from local schools, churches and
- Work with social media experts to conduct community outreach
via the internet.